- 281,000+ square miles in drought
- An area equal to the 13 Northeast states and Washington D.C.
- 7.54% of U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) in “exceptional drought”
- 65% of Texas is covered by this worst drought category. This includes Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Brownsville, Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland, and Wichita Falls.”
- speakerforthetrees likes this
- sidramatic likes this
- climate-changing reblogged this from climateadaptation
- tarteauxpeches reblogged this from socialuprooting and added:
- lanabeany reblogged this from socialuprooting
- waterbytes reblogged this from climateadaptation
- jtotheizzoe likes this
- elusivemusings likes this
- roomthily said: where “on record” is just ten years for this data. also, the dm resolution is, at best, at a multi-county level, so those numbers are rough estimates (and not based on a model & not reproducible). still sucks for texas.
- climateadaptation posted this