WaterByte #1: Drinking Water, Sanitation, and Water at Home
Length: 5 minutes, 15 seconds
Script: Click here to download a PDF of the script & references
Our first podcast in the WaterBytes series is a summary of the importance of clean drinking water and sanitation. What exactly is clean drinking water? What happens due to lack of sanitation? What is the most effective way to alleviate these problems?
- World Health Organization: Water Sanitation Health
- H2Ouse: Learn to be more water efficient! Take a tour of your house to investigate your water saving opportunities. Included is a list of the top 5 ways to be more water-efficient at home.
- World Water Council: International government & NGO to promote awareness and trigger action
- drinking-water.org: From the National Academy of Sciences; Provides an overview of the importance of drinking water, water sources, water treatment, and distribution. Under “Treatment” there is a tab titled “Technologies Discussion Tool” to assess what type of water treatment technology should be used in a particular area.
- EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA): Learn more about the safe drinking water regulations in our country
- UNICEF’s WASH Initiative: WASH (Water Sanitation & Hygiene) is an initiative to educate people in developing countries about the important role sanitation and hygiene play in health; the program was created to enhance child survival and development.
- NSF Public Health & Safety: Water treatment devices and tools for your home
- Earth Easy: 25 ways to conserve water at home
Stay tuned for more WaterBytes!